Helping you save money and spend less on groceries and local businesses in and around Lynchburg, VA
After a couple of inquiries about our local Kroger’s coupon acceptance policies I decided to contact them.
Here is the response:
The policy for stores in your area is as follows. Please note that this policy is our most current and it is subject to change without notice. For further clarification of this policy, please speak directly to store management.
The store manager has the right to accept, decline or limit the quantity of coupons or items used or purchased in a single transaction, by a single customer, or in a single day.
* Manufacturer coupons of $0.50 or less will be “doubled”.
* Manufacturer coupons over $0.51 will be redeemed at face value.
> This does not apply to “free,” Kroger, Retail Food Store coupons, electronic coupons on the Kroger Plus card, or items prohibited by law.
* Competitor pharmacy coupons are accepted.
* LCM or Competitor Coupons may not be used in conjunction with our $4 Generic Program.
General Coupon Policy:
* Limit one (1) manufacturer coupon per item purchased.
* Limit one (1) store coupon per item purchased.
* One (1) manufacturer and one (1) store coupon can be used on the same item.
* Coupons cannot be used on “free” items.
* Expired coupons are not accepted.
* Amount refunded cannot exceed the cost of the item.
PRINT-AT-HOME (PAH) COUPONS:
* We only accept printable coupons if they scan properly at checkout.
* We do not accept “free product” printable coupons that have no purchase requirement.
* Buy-one-get-one-free coupons and other values that have a purchase requirement are acceptable but will be much less common than traditional value-off coupons.
* We do not accept coupons for more than about 75% of a product’s value without advance notice.
* Legitimate PAH coupons will not be for a high value relative to the cost of the item. For example, a $2.00 off coupon will be acceptable for a product that normally sells for $5.00 or more, but a $2.00 off printable coupon for a product that sells for $2.25 is unlikely to be legitimate.
* Coupons will be rejected if they appear out of proportion or blurry, or are obvious duplicates.
* Legitimate PAH coupons are never copied, sold, or traded. Nearly all coupons are “non-transferable,” meaning they should not be photocopied or scanned and distributed to others.
* Coupons will be rejected if they appear to have been altered in any way.
PAH coupons can be checked for validity at: http://www.printcoupons.com
ONLINE COUPONS versus PAPER COUPONS:
* The online coupon will always take priority over the paper coupon. Stacking is not allowed.
* There is a limit of one electronic or paper manufacturer coupon per item.
* Digital coupon and manufacturer paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item.
* If a Customer has loaded an electronic coupon to their loyalty card, then the electronic coupon will apply before the manufacturer paper coupon.
* A digital coupon cannot be removed from a transaction once redeemed
* If the electronic coupon and manufacturer paper coupons are applicable to the same item, the system will give the discount based on the Electronic Coupon.
For any additional questions please contact a member of management. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
The Kroger Co.